In this Policy
- "YOU" REFERS TO THE USER, VIEWER, CUSTOMER, MERCHANT OR INDIVIDUAL ACCESSING THE SITE
- "Oasis Originals" REFERS TO THE PROVIDER SELLING SERVICES TO CUSTOMERS THROUGH THE SITE
This Policy covers the following aspects
- Acceptance of Policy
- Information Collected and Stored
- Cookies and Tracking Devices
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
- Revisions and Modifications
- Security Safeguards
- Applicable Law, Jurisdiction and Dispute Resolution
Acceptance of Policy
This Policy applies to all Personal Information collected or submitted through the Site. By doing business with or interacting with Oasis Originals in the manner described in this Policy or otherwise using the Site in any way, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy and you expressly consent to the application of this Policy to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of all your Personal Information as described. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy and to follow all applicable laws, you should leave the Site immediately.
This Site is marketed for and directed towards use by our Customers, Vendors, Agents and interested parties. Should Oasis Originals learn that those not authorized or permitted to use the Site have provided any Personal Information to Oasis Originals or on the Site, Oasis Originals will remove that Personal Information as soon as possible.
Information Collected AND Stored
The collection of Personal Information will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified in this Policy. In order to enter information on the Site, you will need to create an account with the Site. This account is password-protected and can be used, among other things, to Purchase products, Contacts Us, or provide contact data. Oasis Originals recommends that you do not share your password with anyone. Because any information you choose to post will be available online, Oasis Originals can make no assurances that others will not use, or misuse, that information.
Oasis Originals may receive and store Personal Information you enter or provide through your use of the Site. For example, you may enter or provide Oasis Originals Personal Information that Oasis Originals may receive when you complete a contact us form, or any other form provided to you by Oasis Originals or the Site, or send Oasis Originals. an e-mail or other type of correspondence. This Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Mobile and office Phone number
- Preference information you provide to Oasis Originals
- Personal Information you provide to Oasis Originals about you and other people, submitted through the Site
You may have to enter your credit card (or other payment method) information in order to complete any transaction. Oasis Originals does not maintain or store your credit card information. Whenever you choose to enter or store credit card (or other payment method) information in order to complete a transaction using the Site, such credit card information is received or stored by payment processing providers of Oasis Originals Credit card transactions are operated, and related credit card information is received and stored, by payment processing providers, which may also receive other information from Oasis Originals for verification and processing of payments. Oasis Originals EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THIS PROVISION OR RESULTING (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) FROM THESE SERVICES.
Oasis Originals may receive Personal Information about you from other sources allowing Oasis Originals to improve the level of service offered to you through recommendations other service providers.
The purposes for which Personal Information is collected are identified by Oasis Originals in this Policy. For example, Oasis Originals may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide superior customer service
- Conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve Oasis Originals’s products and services
- Administer promotions or surveys
- Communicate with you about special offers, events, or new products or services that may be of interest to you
- Customize and enhance the Site and advertising
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding security, privacy and administrative issues
- Manage Oasis Originals’s business
- Better understand Oasis Originals’s users to be able to provide service that better relates to your likes, dislikes, needs and interests
Upon accessing the Site, Oasis Originals may receive, collect and record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a Site including, for example:
- the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computing device you are using
- the date and time you access the Site
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to the Site
Oasis Originals may use this information to monitor the usage of the Site and as necessary for Oasis Originals’s business. This information does not include Personal Information.
Every user that has an account on the Site is responsible for (i) keeping his or her account password confidential and secured, (ii) avoiding unauthorized access to his or her computing device; and (iii) keeping the e-mail address associated with that account current. Personal Information must be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. For instance, you acknowledge that it is important that you keep the e-mail address associated with your account current because although you may be able to log into your Oasis Originals account using an old e-mail address, you will not receive messages from Oasis Originals about your transactions and inquiries or other matters.
Oasis Originals encourages you to promptly update your Personal Information if it changes. You may ask to have Personal Information on your account deleted or removed; however, because Oasis Originals keeps track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on the Site. It may be impossible for Oasis Originals to completely delete all of your information because Oasis Originals periodically backs up your information and certain information is maintained and stored solely by Oasis Originals's third party vendors.
Upon accessing the Site, Oasis Originals may receive, collect and record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a Site including, for example:
- The name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computing device you are using
- The date and time you access the Site
- The Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to the Site
Oasis Originals may use this information to monitor the usage of the Site and as necessary for Oasis Originals 's business. This information does not include Personal Information.
You agree that your Personal Information may be transferred, stored and processed outside the province of Ontario, Canada. The data protection laws may be different in the country from which you are visiting the Site. By doing business or interacting with Oasis Originals, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information to facilities located in the United States, Canada or other facility locations selected by Oasis Originals
Cookies AND Tracking Devices
In addition to the Personal Information collected as set forth herein, Oasis Originals may receive and/or store information received from you through your use and interaction with the Site, such as, but not limited to, information obtained through the use of "cookies" or alphanumeric identifiers that Oasis Originals transfers to your computing device through your web browser. Oasis Originals may use "cookies" to obtain information when your web browser accesses the Site.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computing device to collect information about your activities on the Site. Cookies help Oasis Originals to: (i) speed navigation, keep track of items you select and provide you with the content that is tailored to you; (ii) remember information you provided to the Site so that you do not have to reenter such information for future use thereof; (iii) determine the effectiveness of certain marketing efforts and communications; and (iv) monitor the number of visitors, pages viewed, banners displayed, etc.
Browsers are typically programmed to create cookies automatically. Oasis Originals does not require you, as a condition for using the Site, to permit Oasis Originals’s use of "cookies" and you can choose to utilize software or other programs, provided by you at your own risk and cost, which are designed to allow you to access the Site anonymously. The "help" function of most web browsers can provide you with specific information about how to prevent your web browser from accepting "cookies". Some of Oasis Originals features and services may not function properly, or at all, if the cookies are turned off.
Oasis Originals may utilize the information obtained from "cookies" for reporting and analysis purposes, to determine the performance of any marketing efforts undertaken by Oasis Originals, and the delivery of relevant marketing messages, and advertisements.
Oasis Originals may also use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the Site pages and promotions, or may allow Oasis Originals’s third party service providers to use these devices on Oasis Originals’s behalf. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on the Site, or in Oasis Originals’s e-mails that allows the Site to determine whether you have performed a specific action. Pixel tags allow the Site to measure and improve Oasis Originals’s understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on the Site.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Oasis Originals may share certain information with third parties in order to provide special opportunities, which may occur in, but is not limited to, the following circumstances.
- In the carrying on of their enterprise, Oasis Originals’s may grant access to your Personal Information to its authorized mandatories or agents or to any party with whom Oasis Originals has a contract for work or services if the information is needed for the performance of their duties or the carrying out of their mandates or contracts.
- Oasis Originals may release Personal Information to third parties when it determines, in its reasonable judgment, that it is necessary to: (i) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of Oasis Originals’s policies or user agreements; or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Oasis Originals or Oasis Originals’s employees, customers, users or others.
- If Oasis Originals becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, Personal Information may be provided to the entities and advisors involved subject to a confidentiality agreement, and Oasis Originals will provide notice before any Personal Information is finally transferred if, as a result, it becomes subject to a different Personal Information protection policy.
- Oasis Originals may use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information which does not constitute Personal Information about your visits to this Site and other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Oasis Originals may also use third party service providers to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information which does not constitute Personal Information from its users to administer Oasis Originals’s Site and constantly improves its quality. Oasis Originals may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for advertisers. This does not constitute Personal Information, only general summaries of the activities of Oasis Originals’s users. Such data is collected on Oasis Originals’s behalf, and is owned and used by Oasis Originals
The Site may contain links, resources, or produce search results that reference links to third party Sites ("Third-Party Sites"). These Third-Party Sites have their own policies regarding protection of personal information. Oasis Originals may have no control over, and assumes no responsibility for any sites or resources that are provided by the Third-Party Sites, or the content, privacy policies, or practices of any these third-Party Sites. If you visit one of these Third-Party Sites, Oasis Originals recommends that you review the Personal Information protection policy for that Third-Party Site. In addition, you may have linked to the Site through a Third-Party Site. In such cases, the Third-Party Site you linked from may collect Personal Information from you. Oasis Originals recommends that you review the Personal Information policies on those Third-Party Sites to understand how they collect and use the Personal Information they collect.
Revisions and Modifications
Oasis Originals reserves the right at all times to modify this Policy (as posted on the Site and amended from time to time) as Oasis Originals deems necessary or desirable. You understand that you should check this Policy regularly for changes.
Any changes to this Policy will be effective upon the earlier of (a) Oasis Originals’s dispatch of a written notice to you, at least thirty (30) days before the amendment comes into force, drawn up clearly and legibly, setting out the new clause only, or the amended clause and the clause as it read formerly, the date of the coming into force of the amendment and your rights to refuse the amendment and rescind or, in the case of a contract involving sequential performance, cancel the contract without cost, penalty or cancellation indemnity by sending Oasis Originals a notice to that effect no later than thirty (30) days after the amendment comes into force, if the amendment entails an increase in your obligations or a reduction in Oasis Originals obligations, or (b) Oasis Originals’s posting of notice of the changes on the Site, provided that these changes will not apply to your use of the Site and Vouchers purchased prior to the effective date of such changes.
You understand and agree that if you use the Site after the date on which this Policy has been changed, Oasis Originals will treat your use of the Site as acceptance of this Policy as modified, and any additional or different terms will apply to you. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse shall be to cease using the Site.
Oasis Originals shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Site, including, but not limited to, content, tools, account features, hours of availability and equipment or software needed for access or use. Further, Oasis Originals may discontinue disseminating any portion of information or category of information, may change or eliminate any transmission or transaction method and may change transmission speeds or other signal characteristics in its sole discretion.
Personal Information is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Oasis Originals takes significant and appropriate security measures, including physical, technological, and procedural measures, to help safeguard your Personal Information and to prevent unauthorized access and disclosure. While Oasis Originals is focused on the security of your Personal Information and follows strict standards, processes, and procedures designed to protect your Personal Information, Oasis Originals cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will remain secure in all circumstances.
The Site uses Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) to encrypt your personal information, including passwords and your credit card number, before it travels over the Internet. SSL technology is the industry standard for secure online transactions. Oasis Originals will utilize third party vendor maintenance and support for processing transactions and storage of credit card data.
No data transmission or submission over or by way of the Internet or a wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Oasis Originals employs commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seeks to partner with companies which do the same, Oasis Originals cannot and does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Site, and is not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may obtain any such information.
Oasis Originals shall have the right, but not the obligations, to monitor the content of the Site at all times, including any chat rooms and forums that may hereinafter be included as part of the Site, to determine compliance with this Policy and any operating rules established by Oasis Originals, as well as to satisfy any applicable law, regulation or authorized government request. Without limiting the foregoing Oasis Originals shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any material that Oasis Originals, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provision hereof or otherwise objectionable.
Applicable Law, Jurisdiction AND Dispute Resolution
This Policy, and your relationship with Oasis Originals under this Policy, shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario in Canada, without regard to its conflict of law’s provisions. You and Oasis Originals agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the Province of Ontario in Canada to resolve any legal matter arising hereunder. Notwithstanding this, you agree that Oasis Originals shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal remedy or relief) in any jurisdiction.
You agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located in judicial district of Toronto in the Province of Ontario and waive any objection to the laying of venue of any litigation in said courts.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users. Oasis Originals reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and other users.
You can always choose not to provide Personal Information, although it may be required to engage in a certain activity on the Site.
Oasis Originals may send you notifications:
- "Administrative Notifications" relate to your activity on the Site, requests or inquiries and purchases of services. Administrative Notifications, from which you cannot opt-out, are used by Oasis Originals to send you information regarding purchases as well as updates about Oasis Originals’s services.
- "Promotional Notifications" advertise Oasis Originals’s goods and services, including exclusive sales and other offers, and/or services of Oasis Originals’s, If you do not want to receive Promotional Notifications, you may elect to opt-out of receiving them or some of them at any time after registering by (i) contacting Oasis Originals at the address in Article 8.4 (please indicate your name, address, e-mail address, and what Promotional E-mails you do *not want to receive), or (ii) going to your Notification Settings in your account and unsubscribing from any one or all email or other notifications.
Oasis Originals will never request any username, password, credit card details or any other Personal Information from you through e-mail. This is an attempt, known as "phishing", to acquire Personal Information (and sometimes, indirectly, money) by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is sent by Oasis Originals and is asking you for any type of Personal Information, you should delete the e-mail and refrain from responding.
Oasis Originals has designated an individual or individuals who are accountable for Oasis Originals’s application of this Policy. All notices and communications to Oasis Originals shall be sent in writing to: Oasis Originals, E-Mail: email@example.com.
Ownership / Restrictions On Use
The Website is owned and operated by Oasis Originals. Any and all content, data, graphics, photographs, images, audio, video, software, systems, processes, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other information including, without limitation, the "look and feel" of the Website (collectively, the "Content") contained in this Website are proprietary to Oasis Originals, its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. The Content is protected by Canadian, United States and international copyright and trademark laws.
Except as set forth herein, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, publish, post, transmit, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any Content without the express prior written consent of Oasis Originals. You may download, print and reproduce the Content for your own non-commercial, informational purposes provided you agree to maintain any and all copyright or other proprietary notices contained in such Content, and to cite the URL Source of such Content. Reproduction of multiple copies of the Content, in whole or in part, for resale or distribution is strictly prohibited except with the prior written permission of Oasis Originals. To obtain written consent for such reproduction, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our goal to provide increased value to you, our visitors. Therefore, the Website might offer you links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties and therefore not affiliated with us. Please understand that such linked websites are independent from Oasis Originals and that Oasis Originals has no control over the content of such websites. Consequently, Oasis Originals cannot be held liable and makes no warranty or representation whatsoever as to the accuracy, timeliness and/or completeness of the information contained on such websites.
The links which we might place on our Website do not imply that we sponsor, endorse or are affiliated or associated with, or have been legally authorized to use any trade-mark, trade name, service mark, design, logo, symbol or other copyrighted materials displayed on or accessible through such sites.
As a condition of your continued access to and use of this Website, you agree to abide by all applicable federal, provincial, state, territorial and other laws and regulations and the "Code of Conduct" set forth below. Specifically, in addition, without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to:
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that:
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitationinfringes any patent, trade-mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary or privacy rights of any party;
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- contains any form of destructive software such as a virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, cancelbot, or any other harmful components or any other computer file, program or code, designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information) about other users of the Website, including e-mail addresses, without the express consent of such users;
- for the purpose of misleading others, create a false identity of the sender or the origin of a message, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Website;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, other computer systems or networks connected to the Website, through password mining or any other means;
- interfere with or disrupt networks or servers connected to the Website or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
- use, download or otherwise copy, or provide to any person or entity any Website users directory or other user or usage information or any portion thereof other than in the context of your use of the Website.
Disclaimer / Limitation Of Liability
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING QUEBEC, DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LEGAL WARRANTIES, LIABILITY OR CERTAIN DAMAGES OR LIMITATIONS OF REPRESENTATIONS MADE CONCERNING GOODS OR SERVICES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Although we strive to update and keep accurate as much as possible the Content contained on the Website, errors and/or omissions may occur.
ACCORDINGLY, THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE CONTENT AND SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN, IS BEING PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
Oasis Originals DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Oasis Originals DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS ON THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL Oasis Originals BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY PRODUCT SAMPLE OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF Oasis Originals HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
In particular, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Oasis Originals, its affiliates, members, officers, employees, agents, sponsors, and licensors for any injury, including but not limited to bodily harm or death, to you or any third party that may result from the use of or reliance on any Content or product shipped to you by Oasis Originals. You understand and agree that Oasis Originals is merely providing product samples to you as a service, and that Oasis Originals has no control over, or responsibility for, the products themselves and/or any adverse reactions you may experience as result of their use. Oasis Originals recommends that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to the use of any Content and should obtain any expert advice they consider necessary. Always read and follow the product label.
Oasis Originals respects your right to privacy of your personal information. Please review our Privacy Notice for details on the manner in which we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information.
Changes and Termination
"Oasis Originals" and "www.oasisoriginals.com" are trademarks of Oasis Originals. Other marks, graphics, typefaces, trademarks and logos appearing on the Website are trademarks or trade dress of Oasis Originals. All other trademarks appearing on the Website are property of their respective owners. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in any manner for any purpose without our express written consent.